Chemical Feed Problems Solved by Solenoid Valves
08 January 2021
Solenoid valves from Plast-O-Matic Valves, Inc. feature a solenoid operation that provides instant on/off for precise control. The teflon bellows design eliminates possible fugitive emissions. To eliminate corrosion problems and premature failures, the valves were selected with Grade 1, Type 1 PVC body and Viton seals for acid, EPDM seals for caustic. The valve design features no wetted metal parts, and has the added benefit of a Teflon bellows internal seal for long smooth cycle life and to prevent fugitive emissions.
The pressurized feed lines are teed off just prior to the solenoid valve to assure adequate chemical pressure at all times.
True Blue® Solenoid Valves Series EASMT & EASYMT for pressure, drain, and vacuum service; designed for all types of aggressive chemicals, salt solutions, acids, caustics, and ultrapure liquids such as deionized water.
• Sizes: 1/4″, 1/2″, 3/4″ & 1″
• Body Materials: Geon PVC, Corzan CPVC, Natural Polypro, Kynar PVDF
• Seal Materials: FKM, EPDM
• 1,000,000+ cycles tested under laboratory conditions; some applications report over 2,000,000 cycles in field use. Your results may vary.
• Rugged molded construction.
• W24 Coil with “COOL” DIN Connector is now standard; uses 75% less energy than previous design.
• Standard coil connector light indicates when valve is energized.
Image credit: Plast-O-Matic Valves, Inc.